Devices not automatically connecting to extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-07 22:58:10
Model: RE205  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi

I have the RE205 range extender and it's working OK except for one issue - none of my devices (phones, tablet, laptop) will connect to it unless I turn off their WiFi and then turn it on again first, and then Bam! it connects straight away. I have the devices WiFi profiles set to connect/log-in automatically. 

I've reset the extender several times but no difference, and it's set to use the same SSID and password as the router. 

Any ideas please? 

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Devices not automatically connecting to extender
2022-08-08 02:33:29

Hello   @bb55 

This could be related to roaming behavior of the client itself as device may not switch the Wifi network until the Router Wifi signal becomes very weak and meet the roaming threshold. 

Here is a related QA that may help explain the situation.

Q11. Why the Wi-Fi device is not always connected to AP with the strongest Wi-Fi signal or nearest AP in a OneMesh network?

please ensure your mobile device supports Wi-Fi roaming. 

You may also try an IOS device or newer model of device which usually does better in Wifi roaming. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 707

Replies: 1

Related Articles