Smartconnect not very smart

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-08 09:50:59 - last edited 2022-08-08 10:25:12
Model: Archer VR2100  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 210722 Rel.37847n

Just wondered why Smartconnect doesn't seem to do anything as far as selecting the best WiFi frequency to use goes. Mine's just locked to Ch40 even though that's not one of the least congested frequencies for me a lot of the time.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Smartconnect not very smart
2022-08-08 19:00:03

@myke52 

Here's how the Smart Connect works. This feature is not suitable for every environment or individual case.

For example: I am not using it, since I want to have two separate wireless SSIDs for different type of devices:

2.4 GHz for smart home devices, cameras, etc. and 5GHz for bandwidth demanding devices.

However 'Auto' for selecting the least congested wireless channel on a particular wireless band is another feature.

If 'Auto' doesn't work as expected in your case, you could use an apps like Wi-Fi Analyzer or inSSIDer to scan for a less congested channels on the particular wireless band and select them manually.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:Smartconnect not very smart
2022-08-08 22:27:45

@terziyski Thanks for the reply.

I indeed mixed up my terms there. I was referring to the 'Auto' option in my wireless config screens for 2.4 & 5 Ghz.

I've been using WiFi Analyser and WiFi Overview 360 Pro to benchmark which the best channels would be to use. I've just been manually going with what's suggested there. Just a little diissapointed with the 'Auto' function I guess.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 332

Replies: 2