Deco X60 & Starlink - Continue to be unstable - HELP!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-08 15:10:49
Tags: #starlink
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.1

I have seen a few threads on this but no conclusaive solution. I am using STARLINK as my ISP and speeds are great, but ion every configuration I have tried, my 3-node TP-Link X60 disconnects regularly (2 - 3 times a day). 

Setup is:

• Starlink ---> Deco 1 (Ethernet Adapter for Starlink V2 - Rectangle)
    • MESH to DECO 2
    • MESH to DECO 3
    • No Ethernet backhaul. 
    • No other routers or switches. 

Things I have tried: 

• Starlink Router Disabled - DECO as Router
  • Starlink router - DECO as AP. 
  • Checked Firmware on Deco App - Seems like latest. 

What resets it?

• Rebooting DECO does nothing. 
  • REBOOTING STARLINK WIFI/ROUTER brings it back.
  • Unplugging and replugging Starlink router also brings it back (hardboot)

X60 Lights

•  When the connection issue happens likghts are SOLID RED (no blinking).

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco X60 & Starlink - Continue to be unstable - HELP!
2022-08-09 09:03:58

@Bobcaygeon_BWAT 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

May I know how often would the connection drop out?

Based on your description, I tend to think the Starlink connection is unstable.

In case it is not, Could you please help run the following test:

Please keep the following setup:

• Starlink router - DECO as AP(in Access point mode). 

Then, please refer to the private message and install the debug firmware on the Deco X60 V2.

Next time when X60 turned red again, please help me save the following information:

1. connect the smartphone/computer to Startlink router and make sure it could still get internet service from Starlink.

2. log into the web UI and save the system log when the internet was disconnected:Deco web interface login

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-09 16:48:09
Starlink is indeed a bit unstable - drops for 1 - 5 seconds intermittently as it transitions from one LEO satellite to another in the constellation. Generally not enough of an interruption to even stop a show on Netflix. The Starlink router itself, however, "self heals" and runs fine again shortly after it drops (in about 4 or 6 seconds) and the X60 OFTEN does the same... but occasionally SOMETHING happens and the X60's do not "self heal"/reconnect and we get the solid red light. Starlink continues to work but the DECO's do not. That any help? I'll try the proposed experiment tonight.
Options
2022-10-02 20:08:21

@Bobcaygeon_BWAT 

I have the X68 and am suffering the same issue. Won't reconnect unless I restart Starlink.

Mine works anywhere from 5 mins to 20 mins then disconnects. Router or AP mode, Nothing. Solid Red.

Options
2022-10-02 21:47:22

@Chappy_M ..... yeah. Hate to say it by my X60s are gathering dust. I gave up and got one of the Starlink mesh nodes and removed the X60 s from the equation. TP Link customer service did suggest some actions to test and try to diagnose... but haven't had time to try them after having invested so much time with no success. I'd love to hear if anyone figures this out, but for now I went to: 

STARLINK Router/Node ---> Starlink Mesh Node to switch w peripherals and an old powerline ethernet to get to my garage. 

Sad, but haven't had it go down once since taking the X60 set out. 

Options
2022-10-05 20:23:47

@Bobcaygeon_BWAT 

Thanks,

Yeah it's a shame, it seems a solid unit when it connects and it is working. I was hoping to avoid buy another router and it not working again.I may have to bite the bullet and do as you have. 

I got an older TP LInk W9960 router sitting here which I've tried in wireless bridging mode. From the whole day I ran it, it worked a treat but i think it was limiting my speed.

The additional mesh node, have tou got Ethernet adapter going from it to Switch?

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1024

Replies: 5

Tags

starlink
Related Articles