WIFI speed much lower than expected within the local network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-09 14:57:40
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20210730 rel.54485

I've been testing the WIFI speed and checking the specs of the network adapters, and I can't get the expected speed according to the router and different adapters.
Tested by copying files and using the iperf3 tool which allows me to make a network connection and use the maximum speed available.

Although with network cable I can reach almost 1Gbps, with WIFI it does not reach 250mbps of reception and 100 of sending, already using the WIFI 5ghz on 160mhz. I also mention that the speed negotiated between the router and the network card reached 1.5gbps but the speeds never went above 250mbps.

I want to understand then if I have a device that doesn't work well and if I have to return it.

The WIFI  device to be used for testing is Intel® Wireless-AC 9560 which as a top link speed of 1.73 Gbps

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 140

Replies: 0