Deco P9 Offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco P9 Offline

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco P9 Offline
Deco P9 Offline
2022-08-10 08:45:22
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi al, 

Please help me as this is driving me crazy. 

I purchased a set of 3 Deco P9 units as they were on sale and I liked the Ethernet backhaul feature. I have the main one in my office connected to my Virgin router. This also has a switch attached to it to connect my printer, laptop dock and access point for my smart blinds. I have a second in our family area, again with a switch attached connecting my Play Station, my smart TV, my AV amp for internet radio and my Virgin V6 box.

These all work fine but I have a 3 one in the upstairs bedroom (directly above our family room and number 3 Deco) and this has no hard wired backhaul, it is simply Wi-Fi. It is this one I get issues with. It keeps dropping off of the mesh and no devices will connect to it! I keep refreshing it in the app but is still shows offline. I also keep turning it off and on again and it seems to only work for a few mins (shows in the app and I can connect to it), then it shows as offline again. 

Please help!!

Thanks 

Colin

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco P9 Offline
2022-08-11 03:51:07

@CDakin74 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Is your network layout like this:

And it is the red P9 that was frequently offline on the APP, right?

Could you please swap the location of the 2nd satellite P9 with the 3rd P9 to see whether the offline follows the specific unit or the location?

Will its LED turn blinking red when it is offline on the APP?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Deco P9 Offline
2022-08-11 10:08:19

@David-TP 

David, 

Many thanks for your reply! :-)

My set up (i believe) is as per below, similar to yours but my 2nd and 3rd Deco's are connected to the main Deco, not to each other.  I have identified the issue deco in the image with a red box. 

I do not get any lights on the top of the boxes (disabled in settings) but on occasion, the red light is illuminated on the issue Deco for a short period of time. 

To be honest, other than power off and reset / refresh via the app, i have not touched any of the Deco's. What would this identify if i move them around and would i need to reset anything? 

My house is a 4 bed detached new build with some steel in the lounge area cieling (large RSJ due to 4m opening in the rear wall) and wood with galvenised metal roof joists in the downstairs ceilings. I understand that this can cause issues but i do get a full Wi-Fi range around the house with possibly only a 1 bar drop upstairs. I have added a plan of where they are placed in my property, the main Deco is in red and the satellites in Yellow.

Would it help if i purchased a further 2 Deco P9's?. Potentially 1 more upstairs and one downstairs, diagonally across from each other; therefore covering all corners of the property, this would also assist with Garage/Garden Wi-Fi and a 2nd smart TV and Virgin box in the other Lounge/Cinema room?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 329

Replies: 2

Related Articles