Tether App Reports Incorrect Password

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-10 15:44:53
Model: RE550  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.010 Build 211110 Rel.63782n

Okay, I know this topic has been covered many times, but I believe my issue is slightly different.

Basically, when logged into Tether on my Android 11 based mobile, clicking on the 'My Devices' => 'local device' will take me to the Home/Clients/Tools page WITH NO PASSWORD REQUIRED.

However, on my new Android 12 based mobile, clicking on the 'My Devices' => 'local device' will bring up a request for me to enter my password.  I enter the same password as used to login to the Tether app, but constantly get the 'wrong password' error.

Any ideas as to why the Android 12 version of the app asks for the password (and constantly reports that the wrong password has been entered) and the Android 11 version does not?

In both cases, the Tether app is version 3.7.2, but are they diferent builds?  Is it a bug in the Android 12 version that's causing the issue - or something to do with Android 12?

Hope you can help - many thanks in advance.

Regards, Dirkster 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tether App Reports Incorrect Password
2022-08-11 12:31:22

Hello   @Dirkster 

The RE login password was created when you first time access  'tplinkrepeater.net' the web UI of range extender or first time login device in Tether APP.

As far as I know when the device has not bound to TP-LINK ID yet, at that time the device uses local password (or local username and password), not the TPLINK ID (email) account. 

If the device has bound to TP-Link ID, the device will ask for password of your TP-Link ID email account, the app may bypass the step of login.

On your Andriod 12, phone please login Tether app with TP-Link ID first and see if you could login the device.

If still the same, you share some photos or a short video showing the login problem with us (you may use googlegrive link)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 271

Replies: 1

Related Articles