ESP32/D1 Mini unable to connect to stardard network but yes to guest one

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-15 20:13:13
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.4 Build 20220113

Hello,

I have an issue with my newly installed Deco M4. I have several D1 Mini devices at home and they are unable to connect to my standard network, but they connect without any issues to the guest wifi.

I tried to disable the DDNS, SIP Algo, UPNP, Fast Roaming and Beamforming to see if any of those options was doing any issues, but no success.

Both network have the same security (WPA2-PSK [AES] + WPA-PSK [TKIP].

I tried also to change the password, but the issue continues.

Can you help me?

Thanks!

Options
4 Reply
Re:ESP32/D1 Mini unable to connect to stardard network but yes to guest one
2022-08-16 08:28:30

@juansaworld 

Hi, later I might need to forward your case to the senior engineers, and could you please help me check the following information:

1. Would there be any error message when ESP32 D1 Mini Bluetooth+WiFi Board failed to connect Deco M4?

2. Since ESP32 D1 Mini Bluetooth+WiFi Board is 2.4ghz only,  have you tried to turn off the 5ghz on the standard network?

Thank you very much.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-16 17:35:14

@David-TP 

Hi David,

First of all thank you for your reply.

1. There is no error message, simply is not connecting. I tried both from ESP Home system configuring directly with the SDD ID and the password in the YAML file and also from the WIFI that the ESP generates if not connected to any network. With that connection it says that the ESP device is connected to 192.168.4.1 while de Deco is in a 192.168.68.X

2. Yes, I tried allowing only a 2.4ghz only, but same issue. When I tried the Guest WiFi I also had both networks (2.4 & 5 enabled).

Before doing all the test I used this other post: https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/520864 to check if it could help and the firrst attemp was made with Security encryption WPA2-PSK [AES] but was not working and then with the WPA2-PSK [AES] + WPA-PSK [TKIP] worked. I then changed the security of the main wifi network to the same (WPA2-PSK [AES] + WPA-PSK [TKIP]) but the devices did not connect.

I can also do a video if necessary.

Thanks again for your help!

Regards,

Options
2022-08-17 02:09:53

@juansaworld 

Thanks for the update.

I have forwarded your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

Please check whether you have got an email from us.

Thank you again.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-17 16:23:42

@David-TP 

HI David,

Yes I received one or two emails. I was working until now, so I'll check the message in deep and reply to them.

Thanks a lot for your time.

Regards,

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 583

Replies: 4