MAC address changing on network PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-17 13:04:50 - last edited 2022-08-17 13:06:32
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have one PC on the network that always joins my Archer A7 wifi network with a new MAC address. This causes problems because the parental controls I have setup for this PC do not recognize the new MAC addresses and I have to add the new MAC address of the PC each time it joins the network.

I have updated the network card driver, checked to make sure the option to "randomize Mac address" is turned off and it still shows up with a new MAC address each time the PC restarts and joins the wifi network.

The PC is a Lenovo Thinkpad laptop.

Any suggestions?

Options
3 Reply
Re:MAC address changing on network PC
2022-08-17 18:01:34

@IAIB 

You could try if it makes any difference if you completely uninstall the Wi-Fi card's driver (best via Device Manager) and then install it again.

What's the name and model of the Wi-Fi card?

Options
2022-08-18 07:47:07

@woozle I uninstalled theIntel Dual Band wireless AC 7265 adapter but it did not solve the problem.

Any other thoughts?

Options
2022-08-18 18:41:31

@IAIB 

Is there any chance that computer might be running some sort of third-party "Privacy Protection" or "Anti Spy" software, which could be changing the MAC address?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 397

Replies: 3

Related Articles