DHCP server off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DHCP server off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DHCP server off
DHCP server off
2022-08-17 21:25:30
Model: Deco X55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Well I just bought a 3 node Deco to replace a failed mesh network.  Google search is showing all threads point to no ability to disable DHCP (no, AP mode is not an option).

Is this truly still the case?

If so, back to Amazon it goes with less then 1 hour of uptime!

Options
2 Reply
Re:DHCP server off
2022-08-18 07:29:27

@heyandy 

Hi, welcome to the community.

So you tend to turn off DHCP under wireless router mode, right?

-If yes, you are right and Deco does not support turning off DHCP under wireless router mode, only under AP mode.

And May I know why you want to disable DHCP on Deco?  I used to receive some feedback that users wish to keep the advanced features such as parental control/ Qos but did not want to use Deco as DHCP server since they have another powerful DHCP server.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:DHCP server off
2022-08-18 11:42:59

@David-TP 

As to not using AP mode, port forwarding and QoS are main features needed.

As to DHCP, yes, I already have an internal DHCP / DNS server to make sure my internal devices have set IP addresses and internal names for my automation to hit.

Anyway, thanks, Netfear Nighthawk delivered this morning (yes confirmed before ordering this time the simple fact to disable DHCP is there.. Deco will be returned.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 341

Replies: 2

Related Articles