Deco P9 half speed in AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-18 14:06:51
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Hi everybody,

Like several users, i've noticed speed drops using deco P9 v1 in ap mode behind a router under OpenWRT and all connected by RJ45 cat6a cables.

When i connect directly with ethernet cables behind my OpenWRT router, i've got a 900 Mbps speed via speedtest.net.

When i connect my deco P9 in AP mode with ethernet cable behind my router and connect my computer behind the P9 via ethernet, my speed drops to 500 Mbps.

When the deco is in router mode, the speed is at 900 Mbps.

It seems that in AP mode, the speed is limited (QOS configuration?). The problem has been pointed several times with no solution.

Is it possible to have an answer and maybe a solution to this limitation which is really problematic when you pay for a 1Gbps connection and you can't fully use it with a device with a gigabit ethernet...

Thank you for considering this problem

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco P9 half speed in AP mode
2022-08-19 03:14:48

@Docmagou 

Hi,  As far as I know, it is not caused by QoS. We have tested the QoS is disabled under AP mode, and will not limit the speed.

May I know how long have you had the P9 and did you notice this issue just recently?

Would it be possible to send an email to support.forum@tp-link.com with the following information:

1. Some screenshots you have done separately on the OpenWRT router and P9.

---if possible, please change different speedtest servers to run the speedtest.

2. the detailed adapter information of the laptop such as the last part on this link:Troubleshooting: Slow Internet Speed with Deco Devices

3. When you run the speedtest, is the main P9 the only device that is connected to the OpenWRT router?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 305

Replies: 1

Related Articles