DECO app with Tapo Smart devices (no show L920-5)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-19 17:33:33
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 beta
Hello,

I have two Deco M9 plus devices, a tapo led strip L920 and a tapo bulb L530. Before the application did not find these devices as smart. Recently (thx!!,), the light bulb has been added as a smart device, but the L920 led strip no longer displayed as a WIFI device or as a smart device.

With the update I detect it as a smart device (I have the notification) but now it is not seen in the DECO application although in the Tapo application it continues to work (it is still connected to the wifi)

Is it going to be possible to add it as a smart device (now the plug bulbs TAPO can be added in the app DECO as smart but not the led strips, it may be the problem) or at least it will be fixed so that it comes out as a Wi-Fi device (like before)?
Options
3 Reply
Re:DECO app with Tapo Smart devices (no show L920-5)
2022-08-23 07:52:45

@Nalstaer 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Do you mean, previously with firmware 1.5.6 on Deco M9 plus, neither L920-5 nor L530 could be recognized as the smart device, Then with the 1.6.0 beta, L530 is able to be detected as smart devices, still not L920-5?

I see you mentioned that "the light bulb has been added as a smart device, but the L920 led strip no longer displayed as a WIFI device or as a smart device" if L920-5 is not displayed as a WIFI device or as a smart device, what is it like on the Deco client list? is it missing?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2022-08-23 10:13:29

@David-TP 

HI,

Yes, L920-5 was detected as smart devices, but missing in app. I got a notification that it was added as smart devices, but If i click on the notification it says that it is offline.

Now, L920-5 is missing in Deco client list and Deco smart devices list but L920-5 work with tapo app, alexa, etc (this means that it is connected to DECO, but missing in deco app).

Options
2022-08-24 03:29:56

@Nalstaer 

Thanks for the update.

In this way, I would like to follow up on your case by email. Please check whether you have got an email from me.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 545

Replies: 4

Related Articles