Archer C80 low download and upload speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-22 06:00:10 - last edited 2022-08-23 00:38:57
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.11.30 Build 220624 Rel.50807n(5553)

Hi!

So my setup are the following:

Main ISP's router -> 1Gb switch -> C80 Router

ISP is Parasat Fiber (300Mbps)

I just newly purchased the router as a replacement for my Tenda AC1200  since my cousin has upgraded the ISP speed from 50Mbps to 300Mbps

With my old router(Tenda), the speed is around 85-95 on both upload and download and on both LAN and Wifi which is expected since it is what it's stated in it's specification. However, when using the new router(C80), the speed is only up around 150-170Mbps for download while the upload is around 50-70Mbps. Both on LAN and Wifi. 

When I directly connect my devices to the main router, it's speed goes around 250-290Mbps(depends on what time) on either LAN or wifi and on different devices(Laptop and Phone)

Tests that I tried:

- Updating the Firmware to the latest and rebooting the router

- Tried different CAT6 Cable

- Tried directly plugging the C80 to the Main ISP's router

- Tested NaT Boost and QoS

- Disabled parental controls

Same issue persists on the steps above.

I am almost convinced that the issue might be related to the new router that I purchased. I wanted to ask you guys first if there is something that I missed before requesting to have the device replaced.

Thank you in advance!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C80 low download and upload speed
2022-08-23 01:34:15

@Jimmu 

Since you've tried to modify some advanced settings on the C80 already, I would suggest resetting the C80 to factory defaults, then setting up the basic internet without modifying any other advanced settings, connecting the C80 to the ISP router directly, running speedtest app again to test and monitor the speed.

If the speed is normal, please modify the settings on the C80 one at a time to determine which modifications cause the speed loss.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer C80 low download and upload speed
2022-08-23 04:01:38

@Kevin_Z 

Hi! Yes, I did try to modify them one by one to isolate the issue. I will try to reset them later to see if there are any changes. Other than factory resetting the router, do you have any other suggestions? Thank you for responding by the way

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 758

Replies: 2

Related Articles