Archer AX11000 problem with internet connection after upgrade of firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer AX11000 problem with internet connection after upgrade of firmware

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
47 Reply
Re:Archer AX11000 problem with internet connection after upgrade of firmware
2023-01-12 01:09:15 - last edited 2023-01-12 01:46:13

Zale wrote

@Kevin_Z 

After updating the firmware on my new AX11000 to 1.3.2 build 20221128 rel.45807

The internet connection has become unstable and constantly drops out and reconnects 

@Zale Will the LED change to orange when the internet drops? 

Can I know who is your internet provider, and what is the WAN connection type on the AX11000?

Have you ever tested the early released version or previous beta firmware that we provided on the community before? Was that stable?

If the ISP provided modem connection is confirmed to be stable, please save and email the system log on the AX11000 to support.forum@tp-link.com, don't reboot the router when recording the logs and be sure the log includes the disconnect and reconnect behaviors.

Thank you very much.

Options
2023-01-12 18:46:49 - last edited 2023-01-12 18:49:10

@Kevin_Z 

In my case, my problem was resolved by turning off hardware accleration of video for web browser (Chrome).  So the video stuttering problem was not related to the router but to the Nvidia video card / windows / Browser.

Once I turned that setting off in Chrome, things started working fine again.

I had also upgraded to the beta firmware.  

System won't let me post a link so search for:   how to turn off hardware acceleration in your browser  

if this applies to you. 

Options
2023-01-13 14:49:58

@Kevin_Z 

I have tested 

1.3.2 Build 20221128 rel.45807(4555) and whilst it was in beta. 

I am still getting internet disconnects randomly.

It really hurts that this is still a problem and pushes me away from future tp link products.

I think my only hope is going back to old firmware without the security fixes but that worked reliably.

Options
2023-01-14 07:01:21

@Kevin_Z 

Unfortunately this is still a problem. 

I am running the latest firmware.

Firmware Version:

1.3.2 Build 20221128 rel.45807(5553)

Hardware Version:

Archer AX11000 v1.0

The frequents disconnects have gotten incredibly frustrating.  

I work from home and the constant disconnects have me getting dropped from calls, etc. 

When gaming, getting disconnected when you're the carry in a League of Legends game basically means our entire team is dead and we lose.  Not fun when you're playing to rank up.  

The problem is isolated to the router itself and not my ISP or how I have the router configured.  I have devices that are directly connected to the internet and they work just fine and never lose connectivity.  My ISP is verizon fios.  

Options
2023-01-16 02:13:30
For me also, very dissapointed. Laat year I did a rollback for this router because the internet randomly disconnects and its very frustrating because i am working from home. Now the new version of the firmware does exactly the same.. 8 months further and no solution at all.
Options
2023-01-20 14:55:28

I can't seem to downgrade to Archer AX11000(EU)_V1_210719, I just get an upload error on the build.

That is sad because it is the last reliable firmware.

Maybe time for me to look at another provider unless another beta firmware comes out for testing.

Options
2023-01-28 09:17:02

@Pro4TLZZ  @Zale  @Zigma  @Kemal61 

Can you please provide the following details, then we can analyze further why this disconnect still happens?

1. Who is your internet provider? What is the model of the ISP provided modem?

2. Was the old firmware stable on the AX11000?

3. Will the LED change to red when the disconnect occurs? Is there still a WAN IP address on the AX11000 when you login to its web page?

4. Please try with another cat6 cable between the modem and the AX11000, just in case the disconnect issue is caused by a faulty cable.

5. If the issue persists, please email us the system log on the AX11000. You could go to Advanced > System > System Log, save the log and send it to support.forum@tp-link.com. Be sure that include the behavior before and after the AX11000 disconnects from the internet, and don't reboot the router.

Thank you all.

Options
2023-01-29 10:14:00

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for getting back to me.

1. BT are my ISP, there is no modem. Only the ISP Optical network terminal which indicates a working internet connection.

2. The firmware that was stable did not have the VPN client. Archer AX11000(EU)_V1_210719. 1.3.1 and anything since then caused the disconnects for me.

3. Yes the LED changes to Red, most times I cannot access the interface of the router via the LAN ports when the WAN disconnects via. The single time I have managed to connect I can see there is no WAN IP. I have to restart the router to get a WAN iP, unplugging wan cable doesn't help.

4. Ok I will change the cable.

5. I can only send the system log if I can connect to the router when the WAN goes down.

Thanks for trying to help.

Options
2023-01-30 01:29:32

Pro4TLZZ wrote

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks for getting back to me.

1. BT are my ISP, there is no modem. Only the ISP Optical network terminal which indicates a working internet connection.

2. The firmware that was stable did not have the VPN client. Archer AX11000(EU)_V1_210719. 1.3.1 and anything since then caused the disconnects for me.

3. Yes the LED changes to Red, most times I cannot access the interface of the router via the LAN ports when the WAN disconnects via. The single time I have managed to connect I can see there is no WAN IP. I have to restart the router to get a WAN iP, unplugging wan cable doesn't help.

4. Ok I will change the cable.

5. I can only send the system log if I can connect to the router when the WAN goes down.

Thanks for trying to help.

@Pro4TLZZ Thanks so much for sharing all the detailed info. Please do let me know if switching the cable helps.

Please send the system log on the AX11000 if nothing makes it work stably.

Options
2023-01-30 23:44:00

@Kevin_Z 

Thanks. Cable has been changed now. I will monitor the next few weeks.

Options
Related Articles