Three - Smarty UK not connecting to Archer MR600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-28 10:07:09
Model: Adapter  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi, after a frustrating few hours and searching this community pages then I saw there was known issues trying to get Smarty and Three (as same network) on MR600. I understand it's the way Three consumes band - "Archer MR600 supports band 3+7, while it does not support band 1+3 yet, that is why the MR600 with Three sim card cannot get 4G+ connection. " from https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/172058 .

I tested Three sim in Android phone no problems with reasonable speed... so I know this is not bad SIM or poor signal strength.

If I use Lebara (Vodafone based) then have no problems at all.

I have the latest firmware but just want to ask ... has anyone got Three to work? And can someone confirm if any plans to support? Please none of this BS about troubleshooting docs etc ... straight answer will suffice!

I do think this contravenes UK Sales laws that this is a known issue but not advertised on the packaging. If I don't get any reasonable response from Tplink then will raise with Trading Standards for their view ... as you can tell I'm not that impressed after paying over £120 for this.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Three - Smarty UK not connecting to Archer MR600
2022-08-30 09:34:50

@Jefffo 

Hi, 

Actually MR600 V2 has already supported band 1+3 in 4G+ mode,. please check the network type part of its specification page on our official website:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/3g-4g-router/archer-mr600/v2/#specifications

So please confirm the hardware version of your MR600, if there is any problem, please provide more details about the issue such as there is no internet access or internet works but not on 4G+. Please also show us your screenshot of Advanced->Status page.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 337

Replies: 1