can't connect cause i can't accept the cookies

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-30 10:35:50
Tags: #Access Control #connecting
Model: RE200  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hey, just got this extender yesterday (used before in a different household), i reset it, madey account on the tether app, i find my extender in the network and it has full bars. 

when i try to connect it asks for a password and after pressing log in a little overlay comes saying that the cookies must be accepted. but it never asked me to accept or decline cookies and now i've been trying everything i found online but cannot figure it out how to accept them cookies 🤔😅

Options
4 Reply
Re:can't connect cause i can't accept the cookies
2022-08-31 03:50:02

Hello   @cloggy 

Can you share a photo showing the error about cookies? May I know what web browser are you using right now. 

1. This error seems to relate to the web browser, you could try a different web browser like Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc. Or you could try to open web page on a different network device like phone or PC. 

2.  Try to turn off the Private/Incognito window or enable cookies of your browser.

Take Chrome as an example: 

In the address bar of Chrome, type in "chrome://settings/content/cookies";

Then you will be able to see a switch that could turn on/off the "cookies", please turn it on.

Options
2022-08-31 16:28:32
Options
2022-08-31 16:30:04

@Solla-topee thx for your reply.

the thing is it's in my network settings on the phone and no webbrowser..

Options
2022-09-01 01:03:18 - last edited 2022-09-01 07:12:00

Hello   @cloggy 

Thanks a lot for more details.

May I know does the login page pops up as soon as you connected to extender's wifi SSID? If so you could close this page and try to set it up on Tether APP. (phone is connected to extender's wifi network so Tether app can find RE ) Note RE220 V2 and above version support Tether APP.

It looks like the RE web page is opened via browser on the phone. 

1. Kindly check if there is any incognito mode or privacy mode in the phone browser to turn off

2. On the right top, try to tap' 3 dot' and see if you could open the same page using a different browser, instead of the default browser

Or open a different brower and tapo ' tplinkrepeater.net' to access web page (phone connected to extender's wifi )

3. Try a different phone or laptop to setup the range extender 

Feel free to let us know how it goes. btw, what is the model and OS of your phone? 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 407

Replies: 4

Tags

Access Control
connecting
Related Articles