ER605 firmware is seriously lacking

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-08-30 12:11:07
Model: ER605 (TL-R605)  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1

Hi,

I want to repeat two major issues that have been present for over half a year now (since v1.2.0) without a fix. I am aware that these issues are known but due to the lack of proper solutions or communication I want to dedicate another post to them, hoping that TP-Link R&D will finally fix them asap. I am using openVPN so I cannot downgrade back to v1.1.1.

- ACL rules don't work properly. They work bidirectionally when they should work only in one direction. Especially the use of "!" causes issues. Only partly solved in v1.2.1 where devices are now again able to get a DHCP reservation.

- The management portal is available from any subnet while it should only be available from the VLAN where it's own LAN IP is situated. I know this is possible with Omada but other custom configs of mine aren't so please make it work standalone as well.

Best regards,

K

Options