How to connect two Deco P9 via powerline only?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-01 07:44:59
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Is it possible to connect a Deco P9 to an existing network via powerline only?

I have two Deco P9 units and would like to use them to extend my Wi-Fi to the basement. Unfortunately, there is no way that the Wi-Fi reaches down to the basement and I cannot pull any Ethernet cables either. My only option for connecting any unit in the basement to the main unit is via powerline.

The main unit is a Deco P9 in the living area. I am able to add the second P9 as a satellite to the network when it is inside Wi-Fi coverage on the same floor. However, I am unable to set up the same unit as a satellite in the basement. The setup process in the app fails when trying to connect to the Wi-Fi. I suspect the reason is that neither the Deco P9 nor my phone have a Wi-Fi connection to the main unit at any location in the basement.

The two P9 units are able to connect to each other via powerline, aren't they? How can I add the second P9 as a satellite without being in reach of the Wi-Fi network?

Thanks in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to connect two Deco P9 via powerline only?
2022-09-01 10:08:37

@ninlil 

Hi, the powerline backhaul required both location under the same electric meter and have you used any powerline devices before?

And when we first set up Deco P9, it will still use wifi to look for satellite Deco so when you start adding satellite Deco, it still needs to be within main Deco's wifi range.

After setup, it could be put back to basement and the powerline backhaul should be activiated at this moment.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 266

Replies: 1