Continual drop outs - Virgin Media Ireland

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-01 12:39:31
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Afternoon,

I have five deco M4's running around my house in router mode attached to virgin media hub. I am getting continual red lights and losing internet connectivity throughout the house. I have deleted networks, checked firmware, rebooted everything countless times. I've set the DNS to the recommended settings. Turned off the fast roaming and the beam thing. I don't know what to do. Can anyone offer any insights? I have it set up like this:

VM Hub > Main Deco > switch > 5 wired items (Synology NAS / TV / Xbox / powerline adapter which runs to a Cambridge Audio network music receiver in one room and my desktop pc in another / Nvidia shield)

I have the log file but if I try to include it I can't post this, happy to send on if anyone can advise how.

THanks,

Lewis.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Continual drop outs - Virgin Media Ireland
2022-09-02 10:52:44

@kingalew77 

Hi,

I think the VM hub should be a router and have you ever considered chaning Deco M4 into access point mode--under Deco APP>More>Advanced>Operation mode?

It is also suggested to check the IPV4 settings under Deco APP>More>Advanced>IPV4 when Deco turned red again.

And you can send the log and IPV4 screenshot to support.forum@tp-link.com for further troubleshooting.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-09-02 12:45:58

@David-TP 

Thanks David, I really appreciate your response. I had tried the Deco's in Access Point mode but didn't get anywhere with that. This morning, in yet another pique of rage as my temporary non deco solution failed, I figured to do a hard reset on the VM Hub - something I hadn't done before. I thin set everything up again from scratch, VM to modem mode and deco's as the router. This seems to have worked and everything, so far and fingers very much crossed, seems stable.

Thanks again,

Lewis

Options
2022-09-03 07:11:49

@David-TP 

Looks like I spoke too soon, came home last night and everything is down. Reboot, reset internet etc hasn't done anything. I'll email the log over after all - thanks.

Best,

Lewis

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 264

Replies: 3

Related Articles