Solution/Information: Traffic Monitoring slows down Etherneet Speed by factor 3 on Archer VR2100v

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Solution/Information: Traffic Monitoring slows down Etherneet Speed by factor 3 on Archer VR2100v

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-02 15:43:25 - last edited 2022-09-08 12:03:08
Model: Archer VR2100v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Firmware Version: 1.7.0 0.9.1 v009e.0 Build 220115 Rel.1642n

Hello all,

today I was struggeling with very low speeds on the Archer VR2100v even all devices connected were supporting 1GBit/s Ethernet. The network speedtesting tool "iperf" were showing me approx. 300MBit/s instead of expected >900 MBit/s. However, I ended up with the setting "Traffic Monitor" (Advanced Settings -> System Tools)  which I activated couple days ago... Disabling the "Traffic Monitor" allows the expected >900 MBit/s in my case. Unfortunately, in the "Help (Question Mark on the setting sides) does not tell that activating "Traffic Monitor" can slow down Ethernet speed by factor 3... As a "newbie" in network topics, I did not believe that Traffic Monitor can slow down the Ethernet speed significantly... 

Hope this information will prevent other newcomers stepping into the same trouble.

Best regards,

opcodex64

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 341

Replies: 0