Some general advice and assistance regarding Range extenders

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-03 14:57:33
Model: RE210  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 3.14.2 Build 150514 Rel.37922n

Hi folks, I have a few questions in regards to range extenders. Please give me some latitude here due to my ignorance on Networking. I currently have 2 Extenders and these both are RE210 (AC750) devices. These both appear to be active and have all the necessary LEDs on. I believe these are quite long in the tooth now and I was thinking of maybe replacing them.  Can I have some recommendations please?  I have also noticed that these devices do not support the Tether app. My questions are as follows:

1. Should these extenders appear in the list of available Wi-Fi networks. As in Network and Internet settings?

2. How do you actually know that these devices are working as intended? i.e is the device connected to the main access point and are the 2.4 and 5GHz bands working correcting and passing traffic

3. I know I can access the extenders with an Ethernet cable attached to my laptop and directly into the port on the extender.  This way I can plug into each plug.  Can you access these wirelessly as one of the plugs is in the ceiling and needs a long ladder to get to it?  This also gives logistical issues re length of cable required to reach etc.

4. When I try to access these using http://tplinkextender.net I get redirected to some dodgy websites. And even if I could access the plug this way how do I know which extender I’m connected to?  I guess I could use the MAC address of each plug to determine this  

Any help and advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks JD76

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 144

Replies: 0

Related Articles