Problems regarding the range extender on jio router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-20 16:01:50 - last edited 2022-09-21 05:22:05
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 build 20200826 rel. 66098(6985)

Hello,

I am having trouble connecting my range extender to my router. i have tried everything but it doesnt work. using tether app, webui and wps.

it works on my old router (JCOW414) and not on my new router (JCOW411).

What seems to be the problem? I dont have my old router (its dead).

Please help me with my predicament!!

Edit : I upgraded my firmware to 1.1.5 build 20210416 rel. 61543(6985)

This is the latest firmware version for my region (so as to not void my warranty).

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Problems regarding the range extender on jio router-Solution
2022-09-21 05:21:57 - last edited 2022-09-21 05:22:05

@Solla-topee 

Right...so my extender suddenly decided to start working. It maybe the firmware update, but now its fixed :)

So....the solution to my problem was the firmware update and waiting for 5 minutes or so for the lights to come on.....

Anyways thanks for the help and this problem is fixed.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Problems regarding the range extender on jio router
2022-09-21 01:26:03

Hello  @Divij 

Thank you very much for sharing the case details 

May I know how about the LED status on the Range Extender after you have set it up? 

• If the Signal/ WIfi LEDs are OFF, it is recommended to verify the Wi-Fi password of the main router that you've put in
  • If the Signal/ Wi-Fi LEDs are ON,the extender has connected to Wifi, you could try to manually configure the RE's DHCP & IP settings.

At the same time, can I know how about the Led status on RE, please login RE and share a photo of Status page at that time. 

Please also share a photo of router's Wi-Fi settings page. The information may help us  locate and fix the problem. Thank you,.

Options
2022-09-21 04:58:57

@Solla-topee 

The Signal/ WIfi LEDs are OFF

I am assuming that the password required is the password i use to connect to the internet. Yeah, i know that. It is 012345678m. I changed it from the default password and i forgot the connection on my phone and re-entered it to confirm that this is infact the password. I used this password as the password for the tplink everywhere.

I will attach the images of the Status page & router's Wi-Fi settings page in my next post (working on it).

Please wait 30 minutes.

Thank you.

Options
Re:Problems regarding the range extender on jio router-Solution
2022-09-21 05:21:57 - last edited 2022-09-21 05:22:05

@Solla-topee 

Right...so my extender suddenly decided to start working. It maybe the firmware update, but now its fixed :)

So....the solution to my problem was the firmware update and waiting for 5 minutes or so for the lights to come on.....

Anyways thanks for the help and this problem is fixed.

Recommended Solution
Options
2022-09-21 07:35:11

@Divij 

Congrats!Glad to know the range extender start work with your new router. Thank you for sharing the solution with the community here. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 774

Replies: 4

Related Articles