Plug Socket for TL-PA4010P

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-04 20:34:06
Model: TL-PA4010P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Some time ago I asked a similiar question but cannot find the answer

I have the above kit and three extra TL-PA4010P's in various rooms but when I plugged my ethernet cable into them I noticed I am not getting any ethernet connection.

Looking at all my cabling I have one TL-PA4010P plugged into the wall socket and then an extention cable socket for four other devices one of which is my router power cable. The router is also hardwired via ethernet to the plug but when I check there is no ethernet connection.

As this is my only power outlet I need to plug my TV. phone and surround sound all into the extention sockets, but is this what is causing the router not to connect to the TP plug?

I do not see any way I can connect just my router into the TL-PA4010P and be able to connect all my other equipment

Can anybody offer some advice please

Thanks

Options
4 Reply
Re:Plug Socket for TL-PA4010P
2022-09-06 18:23:09

@TonyL 

Hey Tony

Sadly its likely the multigang socket you are using is causing the issues, they dont work well when ran through the multigang / trailing lead.

The model you are using is an older model now (AC1) and it uses just one wire connection for data transport, the newer AC2 standard uses more.   One of the main issues with the older model is due to the lower number of wire conenctions it is a lot more susceptable to interference and will stop working quicker, i feel this is what has happened to you.

Your best option sadly may be to considering upgrading to the newer AC2 model, specifically one that has a passthrough port.    Passthrough will allow you to plug the multisocket you have into the homeplug itself and this wont affect the performance.

Something like the TL-PA7017P may be of interest to you

Options
2022-09-06 19:34:05

@Philbert Would I still have the same problem though having to use a multigang socket to plug the router into the TL-PA7017P along with my other equipment?

Also I need at least three units and dont seem to find any that are sold seperatly so I guess I would have to bin my existing four and by four new ones

Options
2022-09-06 21:13:31

@TonyL 

You may get away with only one of these plugs

My thinking is the newer AC2 standard is much improved in respect to working with Multigangs so might provide you a better signal. 

Options
2023-02-07 09:26:24

@TonyL 

I did purchase the unit you suggested but again its size does not allow me to plug it direct into the wall socket

do you have any other advice please?

Options