Deco broadcast strong 5G signal, but no 2.4G signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-08 23:08:12
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: MAC B4-B0-24-9E-3D-E4

I received Deco 20X (AX1800) mesh on 9/7/2022. Three Decos boradcast the strong 5G signal. But the 2.4G signal is too weak to be connected. Most of smart devices in my home requires 2.4G connection. I have no ideal to solve the problem that impact my life. May I get help here?

One strange thing I have during initial setup. When the Deco connect to the model and power on, the LED light from Yellow to Blue and suddenly turn to Red. After a few mimutes the LED turn stady Green from Red. Although I know it si not right, the program said all Decos connected. I can see 2.4G network on WiFi list, but cannot connected.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco broadcast strong 5G signal, but no 2.4G signal
2022-09-09 02:58:31

@MA63 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

Please help me run the following test:

1. Turn off 2.4ghz on the main network.

2. Enable guest network for 2.4ghz only with a different SSID and test whether there would be any difference about the signal strength and coverage.

And would there be any Bluetooth speakers, HDMI converter and microwave oven that work on the same wireless frequency nearby?

And may I know who is your internet service provider?

If the Deco kept switching from green to red, the internet connection would be very unstable and Does it still happen very frequently recently?

Wait for your reply.

Thank you very much.

Options