Deco M4r/M4 Philippines

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4r/M4 Philippines

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco M4r/M4 Philippines
Deco M4r/M4 Philippines
2022-09-11 01:35:34
Tags: #deco, m4, firmware, security
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.9

I just recently got a Deco M4 and the model at the bottom says Deco M4R (US). I'm from Philippines and I'm stuck on firmware 1.1.9 without any updates. I just wanna update my Deco m4 so I can change the Security Type so my iPhone would stop saying I have weak security for wifi. Any news on when can we get the update for that? Hope anyone can help. Manual update doesn't work because there's no Web UI for this kind of Router (for me at least). 

Options
6 Reply
Re:Deco M4r/M4 Philippines
2022-09-14 01:50:38

@PJCA 

Thanks for the feedback.

Your current firmware is the ISP-customized version and it could not be manually updated without the permission of local internet service provider.

It is suggested to contact the service provider and request a new firmware directly.

Best regards.

Options
2022-09-14 05:03:28

@David-TP sorry, I already contacted the ISP before I posted this since I tried and read a lot of possible solutions. All they (ISP) say is to wait for you (manufacturer) to update it because they don't hold the firmware upgrade of TP Link routers. So what now? If both of you are pointing fingers to each other, how are we (customers) gonna fix this?

Options
2022-09-14 06:03:49

@David-TP 

Just wanted the update because I need to change the security type of the wifi so my iphone doesn't flag it as weak. Mo option for that for version 1.1.9. Please help us with this.

Options
2022-09-14 09:47:39

@M4-User Hi,  Thank you for your messsage and 1.1.9 is the latest version for the PLDT-customized model M4.

@PJCA ,I would love to help but currently, there hasn't been a newer firmware than 1.1.9. The ISP customized version will not be updated to the official websites and it will be submitted to ISP directly for confirmation. Once it has been tested by service providers, the firmware notification will be pushed via Deco APP, which is what I have leart about the release process of customzied firmware. In other words, even though there was a newer version, without their permission, it is not allowed to provide the firmware to end users directly.

I will check with the ISP support team to see if there is any updated news and contacting ISP is always suggested, not to shift the responsibility. It will speed up their test procedure if the firmware has been submitted to them already or remind them to request a new firmware from manufacture.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-09-14 11:21:39

@David-TP that's just sad then. I wish I have bought a different brand that isn't tied to any ISP when upgrading firmware. 

Options
2022-12-17 10:25:06

@David-TP I talked to them. They don't know anything about the update and said I should contact you again. Ugggh. All I want is to change my Encryption Type. 😭

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 566

Replies: 6

Tags

deco, m4, firmware, security
Related Articles