Print Server Function on newer routers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-12 07:56:02 - last edited 2022-09-13 07:56:51
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi,

just bought the AX55 router and I can't get the print server function to work. Are the new routers even compatible with this function? This is so frustrating as the filesharing options are still there, so it's just the software that is incomplete.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Print Server Function on newer routers-Solution
2022-09-12 19:40:28 - last edited 2022-09-12 20:16:08

@Paulius0 

Hey

To the best of my knowledge most vendors (TP Link included) stopped support USB print servers in their routers a few years ago now, cant think of any router I have purchased recently that has a print server still.

The specs for the AX55 doesnt indicate a print server..  (screenie below) so I dont think this does.  You may be required to get a standalone print server for this device, again those are few and far between now also. 

USB Support

1× USB 3.0 Port

Supported Partition Formats:
NTFS, exFAT, HFS+, FAT32

Supported Functions:
Apple Time Machine
FTP Server
Media Server
Samba Server

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Print Server Function on newer routers-Solution
2022-09-12 19:40:28 - last edited 2022-09-12 20:16:08

@Paulius0 

Hey

To the best of my knowledge most vendors (TP Link included) stopped support USB print servers in their routers a few years ago now, cant think of any router I have purchased recently that has a print server still.

The specs for the AX55 doesnt indicate a print server..  (screenie below) so I dont think this does.  You may be required to get a standalone print server for this device, again those are few and far between now also. 

USB Support

1× USB 3.0 Port

Supported Partition Formats:
NTFS, exFAT, HFS+, FAT32

Supported Functions:
Apple Time Machine
FTP Server
Media Server
Samba Server

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Print Server Function on newer routers
2022-09-12 20:15:52

Hey @Philbert,

thanks for your quick and detailed response.

TP-Link still list this feature quite prominently on their website, so I didn't even think to check that it is no longer a thing... I guess they think that now every printer has Wi-Fi on it but then again how often do people buy a new printer if the old one prints just fine lol.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 854

Replies: 2

Related Articles