Roaming not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Roaming not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Roaming not working
Roaming not working
2022-09-12 08:25:25
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0

I have a 3 Deco X20 mesh set up. My main deco is ~15m from one of the satellite decos. If I go out of range of the main deco (but still in range of the satellite) my devices lose signal (e.g. my phone goes back to 4g). If I try erase my mesh network from my devices and try and connect to the wfi whilst only in range of the satellite deco - they fail to connect. It seems like I can only connect to the main deco - roaming is switched on. Does anyone have any suggestions of how to remedie this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Roaming not working
2022-09-13 07:24:06 - last edited 2022-09-13 07:24:22

@jhar 

May I know the model number of your smartphone?

Have you tested whether other mobile devices have the same issue?

Both AP and client need to support roaming so that the clients would switch to different APs smoothly.

Thank you.

Options
Re:Roaming not working
2022-09-13 09:12:05

Thanks @David-TP , I tested with both my iPhone 13 and MacBook (that had previously worked with the roaming mesh) and had the same issue. I tried power cycling the Decos and also resetting them through the App. Last night I attempted another reset through the App and miraculously the satellite Deco I was closest to performed the 'handshake' with the main Deco and my iPhone appeared on the satellite Deco's list of connected clients. Not too sure what happened - but in the future I'll: switch off/on, reset, repeat [a few times] !

James

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 216

Replies: 2

Related Articles