router extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

router extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
router extender
router extender
2022-09-12 20:47:04
Model: RE650  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have just bought the RE650 mesh wi fi extender. I am now trying to link it up to my Vodafone router, however I have not been able to get it to see the router. When setting up, it appears I need to have the extender selected, but without it seeing the router for the wi fi connection, I am unable to

1. connect the extender to router

2. get a wi fi link to setup the extender

So going round in circles ans the Tether App is next to useless as not showing a troubleshoot option to resolve the problem

Assistance would be much appreciated

Options
1 Reply
Re:router extender
2022-09-13 07:11:02

Hello  @barnsie799 

Thank you for reaching out. If Range extender does not detect router's Wi-Fi signal, you could try some tips here: 

What should I do if the range extender cannot find my host network?

• Confirm router's  Wi-Fi SSID is available for other network devices
  • Try changing to a different 2.4Ghz /5Ghz Wi-Fi channel on the main router,
  • 2.4Ghz Wifi band : channel among 1-11 should be fine; For 5Ghz, try to select a Wi-Fi channel among Channel 36-48.

If still the same, please share 1)  a photo of the router Wi-Fi settings  2) a photo of RE scanning Wi-Fi page 3) could range extender see other Wi-Fi networks ? 

Options