Archer A6 v2.0 keeps disconnecting from ISP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-13 17:43:08 - last edited 2022-09-14 01:27:51
Tags: #Issue
Model: Archer A6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.7 build 20220613 rel.64828(4555)

I have a problem, my archer A6 v2.0 keeps disconnecting from my ISP PPPoE, it connects works for a couple of seconds then disconnects, reconnects automatically and starts from the beginning. 

I have rebooted many times

I have unplugged it and replugged it after an hour 

I factory reseted it 

I connected my PC straight to the modem and everything works just fine

Tried changing the cable between the router and the modem, no difference 

When this issue first happened I also checked for updates and updates to most recent versions and it seems to only make it worse. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer A6 v2.0 keeps disconnecting from ISP
2022-09-14 01:34:33

@BLABLA03 

Can I know when you purchased the Archer A6 and when did this issue start to happen? As per your description, it sounds like the A6 only connects for seconds, so do you actually have internet access or not when connecting to it?

Who is your ISP? When you configure a PPPoE connection on the A6, will it get a valid WAN IP address stably when the issue happens? Does your ISP require any special settings to be configured on the A6?

If you have confirmed the internet is pretty stable when connecting a computer directly to the ISP modem, please configure the correct settings on the A6 and leave it connected to the internet for hours, then save and send us the system log for further analysis. Please be sure it records the process of the disconnect and reconnect behavior when emailing the log (support.forum@tp-link.com), thank you.

Options
Re:Archer A6 v2.0 keeps disconnecting from ISP
2022-09-14 05:43:33
I have bought years ago and have served me well all those years, the ISP is digi also known as rcs rds and never required special setup, when it connects it does get a proper Wan ip and when disconnect reverts to the default 0.0.0.0, this also happens on IPV6, and yes for those few seconds of connection I get a good internet connection
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 479

Replies: 2

Tags

Issue
Related Articles