Dual Band Range extender with WISP feature.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-13 19:36:28

I have a TP-Link WIFI extender that works on 2.4GHz. I am using the WISP feature on it and want to find the same feature on a dual band TP link device.

The WISP feature must work the exact same I am using it now. Which is to connect to the main router wirelessly.

Can someone provide all the TP link Dual Band models that have this particular feature?

I tried doing a search online for that but it is not easy to find such details.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Dual Band Range extender with WISP feature.
2022-09-14 03:39:13

Hello  @JohnCoool 

WISP is a feature supported by some Routers, but not the range extenders.  On in Router's configuration, you could  put in the ISP information (e.g selecting connection type like Dynamic IP/ PPPoE) and get internet service.  You could check the mini router model like TL-WR902AC which support WISP 

For more questions,  it is recommended to start a thread in router sub-forum so moderator there could help. 

Range extender usually connects to the router's Wi-Fi network and repeats the Wi-Fi signal, but it does not have WISP configuration in it. 

Options
2022-09-14 11:59:30

The model of the current device that I am referring to is TP-Link Wireless N Router WR840N

It has WISP and several others including range extender feature.

It was sold to me as a range extender but it might not be it's official use.

We don't have a lot of models to choose from here in Jordan from the nearby shops.

Please list all the models that support dual band and wireless connection to WISP.

I am using WISP to be connected to my main router and not to the WISP.

It must be able to connect wirelessly to my main router from WISP like TP-Link Wireless N Router WR840N can do.

Options
2022-09-27 12:01:57

Hello  @JohnCoool 

Sorry for the late reply, here are some TP-link routers that support WISP mode:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/wifi-router/?filterby=6110

Options
2022-09-27 13:35:50

Thank you for the feedback.

One of them is the same one that I have and mentioned and only one of them has Dual Band. 

I will check to see of that is available in this country. I did see the same type and model but not sure that it has the exaxt same model number!

Solved!

Options