Dropping 2.4GHz WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Dropping 2.4GHz WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Dropping 2.4GHz WiFi
Dropping 2.4GHz WiFi
2022-09-14 10:24:10 - last edited 2022-09-14 11:19:00
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.2.0

Hi. Over the past couple of days I have started getting a problem with my Archer C7 2.4GHz WiFi. It will unexpectedly drop for a few minutes before reconnecting.

To clarify, it is not the actual WiFi that is dropping, the WiFi is still connected and I can get to the router, but there will be no internet. The 5GHz is unaffected.

I have this morning updated to the most up to date firmware, which has not resolved the situation.

I use this router as a DHCP server which connects into my ISP router to talk to the outside world.

Any suggestions from anyone please?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Dropping 2.4GHz WiFi
2022-09-16 09:34:45

@MutantKeyboard 

Regarding the 2.4G disconnection issue, it's suggested to review the wireless networks around you via a Wi-Fi analyzer and try to choose one with less interference with others, then monitor the connectivity. You can also try changing the 2.4G wireless security to WPA2-PSK, AES, and choosing the wireless mode to 802.11a/n/ac mixed instead of 802.11 a/n/ac/ax mixed if there are no Wi-Fi 6 devices that connect to the 2.4G.

You may also check this article to review and modify the other wireless settings or interference.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 142

Replies: 1

Related Articles