Router level VPN - TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-16 18:48:09 - last edited 2022-09-19 01:03:43
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer C7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Hello

I purchased the following router as i believed it supported VPN: TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750. It states on the box, supports OpenVPN.

The plan was to have a VPN installed on the Router so all devices (phones, laptops etc) have VPN instead of installed/activating VPN on each device.

After speaking with my VPN provider they advised "Your router allows for OpenVPN server set up - however, in order to set up VPN at the router level, you must have the option for OpenVPN client."

Based on this, i have 2 questions.

1. Is the above information correct?

2. If so, what Router would allow VPN at the server level?

Ideally, i would prefer a modem option as I am currently connecting the Archer C7 through the ISP modem. 

Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:Router level VPN - TP-Link Archer C7 AC1750
2022-09-16 22:49:17 - last edited 2022-09-19 01:03:34

@hrouter 

Regarding #1: Yes, the information from your VPN provider is correct.

Regarding #2: Check out this forum thread. https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/272492

There is currently no TP-Link router with built-in modem available that has the VPN Client feature.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 344

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles