WIFI Mesh; Connection of 2,4 GHz and 5 GHz devices in the same network ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-19 18:50:20
Model: AP300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Bonjour à tous

Est il possible de configurer un mesh wifi pour avoir sur le même réseau des équipements connectés en WIFI 2,4 Ghz et 5 Ghz ?

Si oui, quel modèle(s) me permerait de faire ça ?

Is it possible to configure a wifi mesh to have equipment simultaneously connected to 2.4 Ghz and 5 Ghz WIFI in the same network ?

If so, which model could do that ?

Merci d'avance pour vos réponses,

Regards,

Mavibya

Options
1 Reply
Re:WIFI Mesh; Connection of 2,4 GHz and 5 GHz devices in the same network ?
2022-09-20 02:16:08

@Mavibya

Hi,  yes, but probably not in the way you’re expecting. Take Deco M5 for example, it is a dual band WiFi router and uses the same SSID/WiFi name for both 2.4ghz and 5ghz. Most of the mobile clients do not support two simultaneous internet connections. So when it connects to Deco, it will use either of two bands, but not at the same time. In other words, it will not improve the internet bandwidth for one connection if that is what you want initially from dual-band connection.

I find the same question here and a user provider a detailed explanation. Maybe it will help.

(Sorry that it is not allowed to put external link here and I have sent it via private message.)

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 264

Replies: 1

Related Articles