USB Share

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

USB Share

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
USB Share
USB Share
2022-09-20 08:25:01 - last edited 2022-09-20 08:46:36
Model: Archer VR2100v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.13.0.0.9.1 Build 220623 Rel 6 6158n

I recently purchased a VR2100v Modem Router to replace my basic ISP provided unit. Whilst most everything is an improvement over the previous unit I am having constant problems with the USB Share which is used to hold common files accessed by other family members. Very frequently a file cannot be accessed when required with the message "the file is in use by another user" or "the file is in use by another program" or "the file is in use by [name of specific user]". In almost all cases the file is not actually in use by anyone but the system reports that it is. Trying to find the "culprit" via Task Manager or using Computer Management via Administrative Tools yields no results.

The usual remedy is to reboot the PC but this is very frustrating. The problem has only arisen since installing the TP Link Router as I used a similar USB share with the previous Router and had no problem unless another family member actually had the file open.

Does anyone have the same problem or is there any known resolution? My Firmware is the latest version when checked online via the TP Link Admin Tools function.

Thanks for any guidance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 179

Replies: 0

Related Articles