OneMesh with Access Points

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-24 19:11:36 - last edited 2022-09-24 19:14:36
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, 

my idea for my small home network was to connect 2 RE330 via cable with my AC1900 Archer C80 router and create just 1 SSID in OneMesh Mode.

I read earlier that the RE330s cannot run in AP Mode and provide OneMesh at the same time - which is a shame since I have the extenders already.

My question is now: Based on the C80, what components do I need to get a OneMesh and Cable Connection / AP? I want a seemless Wifi transition between AP and floors but with the benefit of cable connection.

Scheme

Thank you!

Options
1 Reply
Re:OneMesh with Access Points
2022-09-26 03:17:13

@zorky 

Thank you for the feedback, so far the TP-Link range extenders do not support OneMesh in AP mode and here is a related topic. 

Feature request post:  [Range Extender] OneMesh Supports Ethernet Backhaul

The Case2 of the above thread also shared some other Mesh options, if you already have an Onemesh router Archer C80, and the house is under the same power circuit. same power meter ,you could check if the OneMesh compatible Powerline kit:

Powerline units that supports OneMesh 
How to configure OneMesh with seamless roaming (Powerline Extender)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 102

Replies: 1

Related Articles