Connection restart at every one hour

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-26 13:21:07
Tags: #RE700X
Model: RE700X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20220302 Rel. 44884

Hello,

I am using RE700X to extend my WiFi network. 

Further, I connect my laptop/workstation through LAN network from RE700X via Ethernet cable.

I have noticed that, my connection drop at every one hour and it restarts automatically after 4-5 seconds.I have verified my system logs. 

Please note that, during the disconnection, I did not noticed any change in color of the RE700x.It reconnects automatically.

In addition, I've verified the firmware version which is the latest according to website.

This disconnection is impacting me during my online calls and meetings. 

Can you please guide me, how to resolve this issue? Please let me know, in case you would need more details.

Many Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Nirav

Options
4 Reply
Re:Connection restart at every one hour
2022-09-27 01:03:29

Hello   @n_sh 

Glad to know you have tried some troubleshooting like updating to the latest firmware version for RE700X. 

If the Wi-Fi Led and Signal Led stay ON on the extender when the connection drops, you could try to manually setup an IP & DHCP settings as suggestions blow: 

Case 1: Wi-Fi Led or Signal Led stays ON when issue happens

At the same time ,  May I know the 1) Brand and model of router &  Network topology, e.g.  Router AX1500 <wireless> RE450

2) Try to log in range extender web page when issue occurs and share a photo of Status page if possible

3) For ', my connection drop at every one hour and it restarts automatically after 4-5 seconds.I have verified my system logs.' 

Did you find that out from the log of router, or log of extender?  Please share the log file with us here. 

Options
2022-09-27 06:29:22

@Solla-topee 

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

I am using internet provider wifi box, which is WiFi-6 band. You may check more details on SFR Box 7. This connects wireless with my extender RE700X. Then, RE700X connects wired with my computer. 

It would be difficult to share the photo of the status, because connection drops for 4-5 seconds, meanwhile I tried login on the webpage, but the connection resumes. 

The log file is failed to attached. Please provide your email address to send the log file.

Thanks!

Options
2022-09-27 08:10:06

Hi @n_sh 

Thank you for providing the case details. We created a support email TKID220931270 for your case, please check your inbox . 

You could attach the log there, thanks!

Options
2022-10-10 03:12:53

Hi  @n_sh 

Thank you for you time with troubleshooting. In the support email TKID220931270  I noticed our engineer suggests manually setting up the DHCP and IP settings for the range extender, may I know was that able to solve the issue for you? Feel free to let us know in the community or the support email for any new observations, thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 405

Replies: 4

Tags

RE700X
Related Articles