Locked out of account for 2 Hours

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-09-29 05:36:29 - last edited 2023-01-03 03:05:45
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.4

I try to log in a few times with the wrong password to the web portal on 192.168.0.1, and after 3 wrong passwords I eventually get a message telling me 

"This account is locked for 2 Hours as password entered in-correcty 20 times in the last 2 hours"

Firstly I havent done anything 20 times, does this mean someone else is trying to brute force my router ?

Secondly why on Earth am I locked out my own router ? Can't we have a setting that if the client logging in, is physically connected via Ethernet, then ignore incorrect passwords - the password incorrect count should not have any effect.

Also how do I get around this ? Can I reboot it - I don't want to revert to default settings obviously.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Locked out of account for 2 Hours-Solution
2022-09-29 06:17:14 - last edited 2023-01-03 03:05:45

@marcusob 

Yes, you can try to reboot the AX6000 and try to login with the correct password again. But please be aware that it will still be locked if you enter the wrong password three or more times.

When the error message indicates a "20 times in the last 2 hours", I guess it sums up all the trials in every 5 minutes. If there are no unknown devices connected to your network, and you never shared your TP-Link account with others, your network should be safe.

You can also read this article to protect your network:

How to protect your TP-Link network devices from potential attacks

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Locked out of account for 2 Hours-Solution
2022-09-29 06:17:14 - last edited 2023-01-03 03:05:45

@marcusob 

Yes, you can try to reboot the AX6000 and try to login with the correct password again. But please be aware that it will still be locked if you enter the wrong password three or more times.

When the error message indicates a "20 times in the last 2 hours", I guess it sums up all the trials in every 5 minutes. If there are no unknown devices connected to your network, and you never shared your TP-Link account with others, your network should be safe.

You can also read this article to protect your network:

How to protect your TP-Link network devices from potential attacks

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2171

Replies: 1

Related Articles