Deco M4 Connection Keeps Dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 Connection Keeps Dropping

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:Deco M4 Connection Keeps Dropping
2022-10-07 07:52:30 - last edited 2022-10-07 07:54:15

@allibhai 
My experience is that: whenever a device manages to connect, another device gets disconnected by Deco.
How many devices you have Online?

Options
2022-10-09 06:56:10

@allibhai 

I see your case has been forwarded to the senior engineers and we can wait for their update later.

By the way, I see you mentioned the LED status during the disconnection, would the satellite M4 always turn to flash red when mobile devices lost internet service?

Or most of the time, the Deco stays on solid white but wireless devices still randomly had no internet?

Thank you and wait for your reply.

Options
2022-10-09 07:01:47

@psaghelyiThanks for the update.

I don't think there would be clients limitation and Deco M4 is completely capable of 10-20 online devices.

I noticed that you had quite a few smart home devices. Can I have their model numbers?

In the private message, there is a debug firmware, and please install the debug firmware first.

Later you could send the APP log to support.forum@tp-link.com when the same issue is repeated again.

By the way, have you noticed any LED change during the disconnection on Deco M4?

If possible, please also save a picture of the CPU usage on the web UI.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
2022-10-11 18:55:51

@David-TP 

Thanks for replying me!

The 3 decos mesh is at a weekend house so I am not living there, but I visited there on Monday and did some experiments.

I carried as many devices with me as many I found athome and logged on. You were rigth, I could go beyond this 10 devices limit, so probably only the smart devices have  problem with staying online.

They are the followings:

4 TP-Link Tapo cameras (2 x C310, 2 x C320ws)

4 TP-Link Tapo smart plugs (P100)

1 TP-Link Tapo smart bulb (L530E)

4 ESP8266 micro controllers with temperature and humidity sensor (ESP-01S + DHT22)

2 iPhones (iPhone X, iPhone SE2)

1 iMac (2011 mid year)

1 DELL PC

The smartsensors running this program: https://github.com/psaghelyi/smartcottage/blob/main/sensor_sketch/sensor_sketch.ino

I do not know why I see often only 10 devices online. Now I start thinking that maybe it is not the Deco what causing my disconnects :)

regards,

Peter

Options
2022-10-15 07:33:08

@David-TP Most of the times it seems like the main deco reboots itself, and then the sattelite decos flash red until the main one restarts. Interestingly this only happens in router mode and not AP Mode

Options
Related Articles