Range extender does not work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-03 11:29:48
Model: RE300  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

I have recently purchased the RE300 range extender. I have plugged it into the mains and all lights indicate that it is fully functional. However, the signal in my conservatory is not improved at all. The instructions refer to apps on my phone, however, I don not have a smart phone (just a land line). The router is a Sky router and works well alongside my desk computer. How do I get this device to supply a stronger signal (in English rather than computer speak)

Options
1 Reply
Re:Range extender does not work
2022-10-25 03:14:10 - last edited 2022-10-25 03:17:24

Hello @Woollyback 

Sorry for the late reply.  Range extender helps cover more Wi-Fi range and kill the Wi-Fi dead zones.

I suggest giving a different Wi-Fi name for the range extender to check if the Wi-Fi range has increased.

Please locate RE in the halfway between router and wifi dead zone. Then  try setting up a different Wifi name for the range extender ( different from router)and see if the that Wifi signal is stronger in the area where you want to boost signal. 

Btw, Range extender received Wi-Fi signal from router and transit to Wireless or wired client, the speed will get reduced in this process so extender are mainly used to extend wifi range in the Wi-Fi dead zone instead of boosting speed. 

Options