Deco E4R & m4R

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco E4R & m4R

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco E4R & m4R
Deco E4R & m4R
2022-10-03 19:57:04 - last edited 2022-10-03 20:00:31
Model: Deco M4   Deco E3  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: latest firmwar

i have a deco m4 as main unit for 1000gbps speeds in a specific room all the rest is e4 i have 4 of them but they all get their signal from the main unit , while there are severals units closer wich gives me slow speeds en bad latency on all units except the m4 

whitout a way to manually select the source unit.

i have spent the evening reading this forum  whitout result 

hope i can get some help 

(all units are no more then 7 to 9 meter from each other some even closer)

thx in advance

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco E4R & m4R
2022-10-14 09:40:41

@Tediouspuppet 

Hi, Thank you very much for your time and patience.

Using Deco M4 as the main Deco might be a workaround to break the 100m/s limitation of Deco E4 and it is not always a good idea since we could not use the Ethernet backhaul to improve the speed of satellite Deco anymore.

May I know how long have you had the M4+4*E4? (If they are just newly purchased, maybe you could replace them with a 3*pack wifi 6 Deco, such as Deco X50/X55.)

And How about the specific speed you could get from each satellite E4? and can I have a picture of the network topology/layout?

Using main Deco as the signal source is not a bad thing and due to the working pattern and protocol/regulation of Wi-Fi technology, the more wireless hops, the slower the speed would be.

Thanks a lot.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 346

Replies: 1

Related Articles