Archer AX50 not re-establishing connection automatically

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-06 09:20:00
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.11 Build 20210730 rel.54485

Hello,

I have a problem that when my ISP's router/modem lose a connection, my Archer AX50 won't re-establish connection automatically. Internet light changes from green to orange till I rest it manually. I've set up Reboot Schedule at 5AM to restart the router, but this may happen more than once per day so it's not a permanent fix.

This is happening since I got the router over a year ago and it's really annoying. Is there a solution for this?

Regards,

Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer AX50 not re-establishing connection automatically
2022-10-08 06:25:37

Hello @mace_m_2001 

Can we confirm who is your ISP, and what is the WAN connection type on the AX50?

When the ISP modem recovers, will the AX50 internet LED stay orange until you restart it manually, or unplug the cable from its WAN then plug it back? Please login to the AX50 web interface page to check if there is a WAN IP address when the internet LED is orange, send us the screenshot. If there is still a WAN IP address and gateway when the internet is off before you manually restart the AX50, please try to change the DNS server on the AX50 to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 under Advanced -> Network -> Internet, where you can find "Use the following DNS addresses", then monitor again.

Options
2022-10-11 18:09:05

@Kevin_Z 

ISP is Makedonski Telekom part of the Deutsche Telekom Group.

Yes, internet LED stays orange until restart or unplag/plug in back.

While LED is orange, before restart, this is the screen I have.

Options
2022-10-13 06:46:13

@OMG_AX50 

Thank you very much for getting back with the detailed info.

Can you please confirm if you can always get the internet once the ISP modem is restarted? You can connect the ISP modem to a computer directly, then try to power the modem off then on, check if you can still get the internet on the computer.

If that always connect fine, please connect the AX50 back to the internet, when the internet disconnect next time, please log into the router web page, click on the Release button then Renew to observe if the internet will be back. Please save and send us the system log for further analysis.

Options
2022-10-13 06:47:39

@OMG_AX50 

Just found that you are not the poster, are you having the same issue? Or you are using another account?

Options
2022-10-26 16:27:48

@Kevin_Z , yes the same user, not sure if I'm logged in with different user from different comp, but oppening email link is bringing me here.

Issue solved by entering the DNS server on to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

It takes 10-15sec before reconnecting so didn't noticed it on the first try.

Thanks

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 289

Replies: 5

Related Articles