TPLink Dynamic DNS problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-07 10:48:19
Tags: #DDNS
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 rel.71166

Hello

I'm using the TPLink DynDNS services so I got an url like ***.tplinkdns.com that I use for my personnal usage.

Everytimes I enter in my router homepage, my tplink is not linked anymore so I cant have access to the DDNS page unless I log in again, and if I close the router homepage and come back again, it's once again gone. But that's not the problem (but it might be the cause)

In reality, when I want to access my device online (***.tplinkdns.com), all I have is "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" for a moment... 
So I just brute force the refresh button and at some point, I finaly have access to my device. So I know it works for sure but never the first time and I would like to know why.

Should I try another DDNS service ?

Options
3 Reply
Re:TPLink Dynamic DNS problem
2022-10-08 09:16:32

Hello @Saku241 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

To enjoy TP-Link’s DDNS service, you have to log in with a TP-Link ID, and that's why it displays as if no account is bound when you login locally.

This has been mentioned in the User Guide also:

https://static.tp-link.com/upload/manual/2022/202203/20220321/1910013020_Archer%C2%A0AX55_UG_REV1.0.0.pdf (Page 81)

Options
2022-10-08 10:31:20

@Kevin_Z 

So if I log in locally, does it remove my tp link id or it just doesn't show up and stay "hidden" until I log in with my tp link id 

i hope my tp link id stay in cache when I log in locally 

but it still doesn't answer my question thought 

Options
2022-10-08 12:03:30

@Saku241 

Yes, the DDNS still works, it's just like you are not bound to it when logging locally.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 849

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles