Switching to new router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Switching to new router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Switching to new router
Switching to new router
2022-10-09 13:06:59
Tags: #ax11000
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hello

Have a replacement AX11000 just delivered to replace my existing one that is plagued by intermittent faults. 

My current setup is as follows: 

• Virgin Media fibre 
  • Virgin Media Hub 3 which is in Modem mode
  • AX11000 

I thought it a fairly straightforward job to swap the old with the new and do a little bit of reconfiguring but I hot issues 

so spoke to support.  It's still not working. 

My current AX11000 uses "Dynamic IP" and when I tried this the error was "no internet connection"  TPLink support 

told me to use PPPOE but this prompts for a user/password and I do not know which account it needs - support said 

"get these from your ISP",  

I can easily logon to the Hub3 but I do not have a username, just it's IP and the password from underneath.  

The guide for the AX11000 does not tell me which intenet connection type to use and I do not recall using anything but 

the default last time. 

I plugged a laptop into the new AX11000 just now and tried to connect using a cat6 cable, it told me that it needed to 

the router IP from 192.168.0.1 to 1.1 and now I cant access the new router. 

Really wish I could actually speak with TP link about this rather than "chatting" on a smarphone :-( 

Thanks 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Switching to new router
2022-10-09 13:10:57
Update: From the laptop (wifi disabled )which is ethernet wired into the new router I now cannot access 192.168.0.1 or 1.1 from Chrome browser.
Options
Re:Switching to new router
2022-10-10 07:27:54

Hello @davegray 

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to the TP-Link community.

When you connect a desktop or a laptop to the AX11000 via en Ethernet cable, can you please confirm what is the IP address on it? You can follow the guide to find it out:

How to find your IP address on Windows OS

If the computer can get a valid IP address like 192.168.0.100 or 192.168.1.100, then try to login to the router web page via tplinkwifi.net.

Once logged into the web page of the AX11000, please go to Advanced > Network to check if there is already a WAN IP address. Whether there is a WAN IP address or not, you can then follow this FAQ to troubleshoot further.

If still no luck, please make sure you can access the internet when connecting the computer directly to the Virgin Media Hub 3, this will tell if you do get the internet access from Virgin Media. If yes, you should be able to make the AXAX11000 work, otherwise, you need to call Virgin Media to confirm if there is any special requirement on their side.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 479

Replies: 2

Tags

ax11000
Related Articles