T Link Orange Internet Light - Zen Internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-09 21:20:56 - last edited 2022-10-10 02:48:52
Model: Archer AX72  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I've just purchased an Archer AX72 Router to use with my Zen Internet fibre connection using the City Fibre infrastructure. Zen Tech support advised this could replace my ISP supplied router as a straightforward swap connecting directly to the City Fibre ONT box but when I connect I just get the orange light on the internet LED on the ax72, I've tried rebooting the ONT box and the router but nothing works and I can't configure the router.

Has anyone successful used one of these with Zen Internet?

Cheers 

Options
3 Reply
Re:T Link Orange Internet Light - Zen Internet
2022-10-10 06:40:45

@sjgillett 

Is there a WAN IP address on the AX72 if you login to its web page as follows? Go to Advanced > Network to check if there is already a WAN IP address:

How do I log into the web-based Utility (Management Page) of TP-Link wireless router?

Whether or not there is a WAN IP address, you can then follow this FAQ to troubleshoot on your own.

I want to confirm if you can access the internet if you connect the City Fibre ONT box to your computer directly, this will tell if you can connect the box to the AX72 or not. If yes, you should be able to make the AX72 work, otherwise, you need to call Zen Internet to ask if there is any special requirement on their side.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-10-10 20:27:56

Liverpool20 wrote

@sjgillett 

Is there a WAN IP address on the AX72 if you login to its web page as follows? Go to Advanced > Network to check if there is already a WAN IP address:

How do I log into the web-based Utility (Management Page) of TP-Link wireless router?

Whether or not there is a WAN IP address, you can then follow this FAQ to troubleshoot on your own.

I want to confirm if you can access the internet if you connect the City Fibre ONT box to your computer directly, this will tell if you can connect the box to the AX72 or not. If yes, you should be able to make the AX72 work, otherwise, you need to call Zen Internet to ask if there is any special requirement on their side.

Hi,

​​​​​​Thanks for your reply.

I couldn't access the internet when I connected directly to the ONT box but I'm sorted now, I needed to add a vlan id of 911 to the router for Zen to work. All good now 👍  @Liverpool20 

Options
2022-10-11 07:31:31

@sjgillett 

Happy to know you got it sorted out. You may mark your reply as the Recommended Solution to help others as well.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 396

Replies: 3

Related Articles