MAC address filtering issue on Archer AX73

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-09 21:47:21 - last edited 2022-10-09 22:06:24
Model: Archer AX73  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.2 Build 20220317 rel.50456(4555)

I have the same problem like this:

Archer AX73 not allowing connection from client after reboot - Home Network Community (tp-link.com)

MAC address filtering issue on Archer AX73. - Home Network Community (tp-link.com)

I can't work with whitelist (access control) - applies smartphones or tablets with android's system.

What important, I use equipment's mac address - not randomized mac address.

Unfortunately - recommended solution - doesn't work.

I can't improve Archer AX73(JP)_V1.0_201112 - file is wrong.

Perhaps it depends on actually firmware version (is higher than 201112).

Please, help me

Options
4 Reply
Re:MAC address filtering issue on Archer AX73
2022-10-10 07:10:22

@user_a 

You are correct. You are already with the latest firmware on the AX73.

If you are still experiencing an issue when enabling the Access Control Whitelist, can you please describe it in more details?

1. Are the devices connecting to the network fine if the Access Control on the router is disabled?

2. How about the devices that connect to the router via cable, are they still able to access the internet?

3. Do you enable any reboot schedule on the router? Or do you often restart the router?

Options
2022-10-10 20:47:00 - last edited 2022-10-10 20:54:28

@Kevin_Z 

1. If the Access Control on the router is disabled - devices are connecting to the network fine.

When the Access Control is enabled - devices with android can't connect to the network, devices with windows work fine.

What important - I use equipment's mac address - not randomized mac address (android) and settings on the router is the correct.

2. It doesn't matter - how connected is device to router (via cable or wi-fi).

Problem is only with devices on android's system - when Access Control (whitelist) is enable.

Devices on android's system connect to network only via wi-fi.

3. No, reboot schedule on the router is off and I restart router seldom.

Last time, when I' restarted router - yesterday, earlier I think month ago.

I'm surprised, because I've used other routers tp-link and everythink was ok.

Access Control was enabled and it wasn't any problem with connection to the router.

Options
2022-10-23 18:20:35 - last edited 2022-10-23 18:20:48

Anybody can help me?

Options
2022-10-25 03:42:26

@user_a 

Can I know what are the Android devices? How about the Android OS versions? Are all the other wireless devices connecting to the network fine?

Please try to reset the AX73 to factory defaults to clear all the settings, make sure all the devices can connect to the wireless network fine, then try to configure Access Control as follows and ensure you've added the MAC address of the Android devices to the whitelist:

How to configure Access Control on the Wi-Fi Routers

If the Android devices still fail to connect to the network after enabling Access Control, I would like to confirm again if the Private MAC address is disabled. You may go to the Settings app on your Android device, tap the gear icon next to the Wi-Fi name of the AX73 or node your device is connected to, Tap on MAC address type, select Use phone MAC, turn OFF your device's Wi-Fi and then ON again.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 477

Replies: 4

Related Articles