Onemesh with custom router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-10 09:29:02

Hello, I have a custom made router running pfsense (no wireless functionality) and some tp-link powerlines and range extenders that support OneMesh. I understand that OneMesh  to work need a supported WiFi  router. Is it possible to make OneMesh work using this system? The wireless is going to be handled by the AP's and powerlines.

Would deco  work  better  with this  setup? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Onemesh with custom router
2022-10-10 11:27:41

@TwoEyedJack 

Onemesh doesn't allow you to build a mesh network between different manufacturers, nor does Deco do it. Check this FAQ to find more details.

EasyMesh may allow you to build a mesh network using devices from different manufacturers, but it's still under development as stated by Kevin here.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2022-10-10 13:22:12
Why can't I make a mesh network after the router? Just between the AP. I am fine with placing the mesh network and my wired network in different subnets.
Options
2022-10-10 21:11:35 - last edited 2022-10-26 20:31:56

@TwoEyedJack 

In the OneMesh FAQ that @Liverpool20 posted it is stated:

Q10. Can two OneMesh™ routers build a Mesh network?

A10. No. The OneMesh™ router can only be combined with OneMesh™ RE or OneMesh™ PLC to build Mesh networks.

That means you can build OneMesh between a router and PLCs or REs only.

On the other hand you could use a Deco mesh in AP mode - here's the confguration guide.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 444

Replies: 3

Related Articles