New Router Set Up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

New Router Set Up

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
New Router Set Up
New Router Set Up
2022-10-10 23:01:45 - last edited 2022-10-11 00:44:43
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi, Have just bought a new AC2800 DSL  modem router to replace an old Asus router with an ancient standalone DSL modem. 

I plugged everything in and powered up - and tried to go into the configuration screens to replicate the old settings. The old router combo was powered off. 

However,  everytime I tried to go into the 192.168.1.1 or http:// etc command I get the old ASUS style screen openning complaining that it is not connected to the internet (unsurprising as I hadn't been able to put the settings in. How do I get rid of the ghost of Asus past and get into the tplink setup screen? Cheers.

Options
2 Reply
Re:New Router Set Up
2022-10-13 03:03:46

@VanSquished 

Have you tried http://tplinkmodem.net? I think the PC browser might remember the old entry. You could also clear the browsing history and try again.

Options
Re:New Router Set Up
2022-10-13 09:30:40
Thanks for the information Heidi. I tried using the other address with the same result. I was using a ether net connection. I cleared out the browser history to no avail - and eventually used a different laptop over the wi-fi to set up the configurations. However, although my main PC worked ok over a wi-fi connection afterwards, the ethernet connection refused to play. I tried lots of different /ipconfig flushing stuff commands to try and coax it back into life. Also without success. Eventually I went for the nuclear option and deleted the ethernet controller (but not the driver) inside Network adapters in Device Manager then restarted the system. Bingo - it just worked!
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 206

Replies: 2

Related Articles