Ethernet Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Ethernet Connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Ethernet Connection
Ethernet Connection
2022-10-12 14:40:29 - last edited 2022-10-12 15:04:47
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just purchased the VR2800 and everything seems great apart from a really annoying fault/feature. I moved from an Asus router plus BT modem on to the new set up.

My main desktop pc connects to the router via an Ethernet cable. Everything else connects via wi-fi.

I set everything up from a laptop through WiFi and all works great. 

However when I try to access the internet via my desktop on an Ethernet connection it states "No Network Access" and therefore does not allow me on the internet or local LAN.

Another status display states Unidentified Network

The desktop/Ethernet Cable works fine on my old router and my laptop works fine via wi-fi and also via an Ethernet cable. 

My desktop also works fine for access via a wi-fi link. 

I compared the settings on my laptop with my desktop when both were connected via Ethernet cables and could not see any obvious differences in the configurations.

The desktop can see the modem router in as much as it correctly reports the name of the router but that seems to be as far as I get.

I suspect there is a setting somewhere just itching to be change to allow access but I cannot find it!

Any advice greatly received.

Cheers,

Brian

Options
2 Reply
Re:Ethernet Connection
2022-10-13 02:04:07

@VanSquished 

I think it would be the IP settings on the main desktop and maybe you have set up a static IP address which still belongs to the old modem router:

How to find IP address on your devices

Or replace it with a new Ethernet cable in case the cable is bad.

Options
Re:Ethernet Connection
2022-10-13 09:32:50 - last edited 2022-10-13 09:35:16

@Heidi_Alp 

me again! 

Thanks for the information Heidi. I tried using the other address with the same result. I was using a ether net connection. I cleared out the browser history to no avail - and eventually used a different laptop over the wi-fi to set up the configurations. However, although my main PC worked ok over a wi-fi connection afterwards, the ethernet connection refused to play. I tried lots of different /ipconfig flushing stuff commands to try and coax it back into life. I changed the cable, Also without success.

Eventually I went for the nuclear option and deleted the ethernet controller (but not the driver) inside Network adapters in Device Manager then restarted the system. Bingo - it just worked!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 304

Replies: 2

Related Articles