how to close an open service/port at my IP address after a warning from my internet provider:

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

how to close an open service/port at my IP address after a warning from my internet provider:

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-17 14:51:19 - last edited 2022-10-18 13:20:24
Model: Archer VR900v  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.0 0.9.1 v0068.0 Build 220118 RC.71103n

I got this from my internet provider: 

We have received notices about an open service/port at your IP address, which may enable third-party use by third parties. This is often due to the die
Adoption of a standard configuration or retention of the delivery state. Please close this vulnerability and check your devices, It is not only your devices and data that may be damaged, but also other customers on the internet. For this and for any consequences, you can may be held liable.

And the open ports I have are: 21/ftp, 22/ssh, 23/telnet/53/domain, 80/http, 443/hhtps, 8082/blackice-alerts, 20005/btx.

If I have an idea for a couple, I don't for most, certainely not there signification.

Would you help me with clarifying what are these ports (need, mean) and how to close when I need it.

With appreciation of a response to my question.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 190

Replies: 0