Archer AX55 2.4GHz Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-18 21:36:30
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20220621 rel.71166(4555)

I recently bought this to replace the failing router that my internet supplier provided.

5GHz and wired connections work fine, get 360 and 940 Mbs respectively, but the 2.4GHz connection causes problems.

Devices often fail to connect to it and if they do get either no or a very slow connection to the internet, I measured it once at about 200kilobits/s. It seems very occaionally to give a "burst" of connection, but it is too unreliable to use. I've tried both with the smart connect turn on and off as well as various other settings. At the moment I can only conclude the router is faulty but if you have any specific ideas I'm happy to try them before I send it back. I think i saw a post at one point about pre-release/beta firmware updates taht might help, but can't find it again.

My printer, and possibly a few other things, only has a 2.4GHz connection and the 5GHz connection does quite reach the whole house.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX55 2.4GHz Problem
2022-10-19 12:02:47

@Maccheek 

I guess you are referring to the beta firmware mentioned in this thread, which is no longer available now since TP-Link has released an official version. And you are with the latest version already.

I also find a similar thread here, some of the posters mentioned they change the 2.4G channel to 8 and it seems helpful.

If my reply helps with the issue, please click on the arrow pointing upward. If it solves your issue, please click the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options