If we could enter password only once in TP link extender when connecting to a new Wifi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

If we could enter password only once in TP link extender when connecting to a new Wifi network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-10-25 15:28:27
Model: RE230  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I have a RE600X WIFI extender,

I travel a lot and I use my Tp link RE600x extender in AirBNB's and hotels because most of the time, most of the time, the 5ghz or the 2.4Ghz Wifi signal of the original router is too weak.  
So, I plug the RE600x into an electrical outlet at a strategic location. 

I go to the Tether app and i tap on "reselect the Wifi Network" (something like this), so I select the new Wifi network and enter the main password. Then, I discovered that I had to change the password of all the TP link extender clients (my Laptop, my Iphone, my android phone). 

It is not logical, the Wifi network and the password in the clients should not change since they are connected to the TP link extender, not the main Wifi router. 

If the extended Wifi network is "Mymojo" and if the password is "working222", we should not be forced to change "working222" everytime we connect the Wifi extender to a new main Wifi network. 

I think the password of the main wifi network should only change in the TP link wifi extender; not the clients. 

I wish we could keep the Wifi network and its password whatever the main Wifi network we connect to. Thus, we don't need to enter a password 10 times if we have 10 clients. 

In fact, the TP link extender should also be useful for this. We could enter the password of the main WIfi channel once and then, all our clients (laptops, smartphones...) would be up right away behind the Wifi network of the TP link extender. 

It could be great if we could enter the password of the main Wifi network app once in tether app, and no more if the extended Wifi network (name and password) of the extender is already set up. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:If we could enter password only once in TP link extender when connecting to a new Wifi network
2022-11-02 02:33:30

Hello  @plouf 

Thank you for sharing the feature request, currently Range extender will sync the same Wi-Fi password from the main router.

If the router is being changed, the password of the extender will become the password of new router's,  therefore I'm afraid other network devices will have to connect to the Wi-Fi again once using the new wifi password. 

Only in AP mode - wiring RE to router, extender can have its own wifi password 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 299

Replies: 1

Related Articles